Tuesday 12 June 2012

The Decemberists - "Rise to Me"

The Decemberists - "Rise To Me"

I don't know this song....I know this!

What do all these words mean?  These streambirds, all the valleys are full?

*She starts dancing with her shoulders moving side to side.*

It rises on me.  He's going to stand by ground, and its going to blow me down.  He's saying, 'Oh Henry, can you hear me?' It means look at me.  The boy wants you to stand by me and to go down down down.  And now it's just music. It sounds like a trumpet and drums...

Now they're both singing. Now the boy wants to hear her say something.

*Starts singing along.*

It's blowing him down *wiggling fingers down like rain fall*.

....and a guitar, it sounds like!  It makes me want to tidy.


Note from Mum:  I told her this was a special song to me, so I wanted her to listen carefully.  She replied, 'Not it's not.  Songs are not special.'




No comments:

Post a Comment